Protecting the environment begins in the workplace
At Ecclesiastical, we make every effort to be environmentally aware and responsible in our workplace. And that means a whole lot more than simply separating paper from plastic. In fact, we consistently look for innovative, “green” ways to improve energy efficiency, recycle and re-use office supplies, and minimize landfill waste.
We partner with vendors who share our concern for the environment, and we use ‘green’ sponsorship opportunities whenever possible.
Some of our efforts to date :
- We reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill through implementing recycling initiatives for paper, cardboard, plastic, cans, and print and toner cartridges.
- We have phased out bottled water in favour of filtered tap water.
- Our holiday greeting letters are printed on acid free paper.
- In lieu of cards, we make donations to charitable causes.
- We purchase fair trade coffee for office use.
- We print all of our documents on recycled paper and, whenever possible, we print double-sided documents.
- We install various environmentally friendly and energy saving devices in our offices.
- We encourage staff to turn off their work stations in order to conserve energy.
In partnership with one of our brokers, we co-sponsored a “green give away” of 1,000 pine tree seedlings at a national convention. It was a great experience and one we will build on for future events.